Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Doctors Appts.

Last Monday I had an appointment with my GP to confirm "the situation's" situationess, and my test came back positive...SHOCK, i know.

So, I started asking this doctor about what I should and should not eat, what medications to avoid, and so on...
He WEB MD'ed every answer!

"I'm getting off caffeine and the headaches are bad, can I take Tylenol?"
Doctor NumNuts: "well, let me look that up....well, it doesn't advise it but it probably won't hurt."

Thanks man.

This is also the guy who thought my Shingles was heat rash. I am not going to him again.

So I have my big appointment with an OB on Thursday. I am a tad nervous. I am starting to get the fears (cause I'm paranoid): ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, something not developing right. In the same sense, these fears only niggle at me for a second and then I have an overwhelming peace that God will take care of us.

And that peace is something I need right now. I will probably be writing about all the stuff that is coming up tomorrow. I can't write about it on TRS it is work/school sensitive. So stay tuned.

BTW. What is the first OB appt like for you?

3 comments:

  1. Our ob up here is a joke, I mean really how many academy cadets are getting knocked up so I'm not the best for answers. But an fyi, some caffeine is still safe, I still drink a regular coke a day, its coffee which has the amazingly high levels in it. And regular tylenol is perfectly safe, soft cheeses sadly are not (unless you get like a pastuerized feta) but really in the puking stage who wants to eat soft cheese? Not I!

    My first ob visit is usually around 10-12 weeks and they do an internal, a pap, and sometimes an ultrasound to check to make sure it is indeed a baby in there.

    Try not to get to paranoid, I wasnt with the boys but after the miscarriage I'm a wreck. You realize how precious life is and how completely out of your hands ALL of it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! :)

    My very first appt was with the nurse. We went over my last period and talked about my medical history, and then I had blood work. This is also when I asked 5,000 ?'s!

    My second appt was when we were supposed to hear the heartbeat, and we didn't. We were going on my last period and the ultrasound showed me a week behind what we had calculated. It is amazing to see the peanut. :)

    I go back at the end of April. Alex, this is just too cool to be doing this together. I understand your fears as I have had them all, too. I will personally commit to praying for you and your baby as I pray for ours, too. :) What a journey we are about to experience!

    Hugs to you and your man. I know the excitment for y'all is just as strong as it is for us!Thanks for sharing this blog with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhm pretty sure you def need a real doctor - web mding it?? not cool :(

    the first apt is exactly like what the mrs said. tons of questions, a little feel up and you are out.

    just take deep breaths. everyone is nervous the first go. and each apt after that :)

    ReplyDelete