Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Paying the Toll to the Porcelain Gods

Okay, so I haven't thrown up yet, but today was my first wake-up-and-wretch mornings.

I was not thrilled.

However, I guess I can say that I officially feel pregnant.

So I got that going for me.

What has been/is your cure for nausea and the pukes?
My stomach can't decide between substance (read grease) or crackers.

4 comments:

  1. I had hyperemesis with -1 and now with -3. I'm 19 wks and the puking is just starting to slow down. Obviously I take me some meds but I have found some other things help, I drink slowly and VERY cold drinks. My mom actually got me a little ice/snow cone machine and so I'll fill a glass with shaved ice and then pour cranberry juice (or whatever sounds less likely to make you puke) over it and drink it slowly. I also eat a lot of toast and crackers. I feel like I have to have something on my stomach at all times so I just keep a pack everywhere.

    Also as hard as it is, try to keep the fluids in you, if you start to get dehydrated your going to feel even worse really fast. Caffeine free coke is my new BFF. And the other thing, eat what sounds appealing to you, nine times out of ten I was able to keep it down even if it made no sense. Like french fries from Wendy's, not mcd's or bk, but wendys. Or apples with pink lemonade.

    I hope you feel better. I'd tell you it ends at some point but when your puking, that is little solace. Just try to avoid the splash back. Thats just icky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perrier with lime was my BFF during the first 14+ weeks with all of mine. For some reason, plain water made me yack. Sometimes lemonade was good too. Anything sour. Chamomile tea settles the tummy and relaxes the digestive tract.

    And, I second The Mrs. on eating whatever seems appealing at the time. I drove myself crazy with Joshua trying to eat all my "requirements" amidst puking during the first trimester. Broccoli may be good for growing babies, but not if you toss it before it even digests, right? Sometimes, you have to sit down with the saltines and lemonade and do the best you can. There is plenty of time to earn a gold star in nutrition after the all-day yuckies pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my first, it was gingersnaps and Taco Bell... For the second, ginger ale. Lots and lots of gingerale...

    I wish you luck. That first trimester is not much fun.

    ReplyDelete