Wow, this one was a doozy!
We did not really know what to expect since the last one told me I was 3 weeks behind schedule and the baby was either uncooperative or way small for its "age."
I am happy to report that s/he was just uncooperative.
We got to do another ultrasound and as soon as they stuck the wand up my lady parts we got an immediate shot of a big head, small body with balls of arms and feet. After some moving around, we got to see the profile and see the heart beating really fast. We didn't get to hear anything (not that she was trying), and that was fine for me. Because all the sudden, she said, "hopefully we'll be able to see it move!"
So KW and I stared at the screen and nothing...all the sudden I started saying to myself, "come on, baby, move!" and all of the sudden it stretched and kicked and did a great turn on the side. I've never seen anything so neat. I know it will be common place at some point, but it hit me then: I have a baby inside me!
I have been feeling good lately and still only a few pounds gained, so I don't feel particularly pregnant. But after seeing THAT, it just hit me.
I think I can now say that I am officially excited about this baby.
In an effort to not calling it and IT, I have started referring to IT as He...not because we know anything (we want to be surprised), but because the tom girl that I am doesn't mind being called a boy as much as I hate being labeled a girlie girl (and I am offering that to my daughter-if IT is a she-as well).
I still have a feeling it is a boy...not really sure why.
One of the best parts of the visit was that our official due date was set: Nov. 21st. And that puts me right at 12 weeks! 1st trimester is almost over, WOOT!
The best part of the day: When K-dubs and I were falling asleep last night, he said real quietly, "I know I don't remember things or details well, but I don't think I'll ever forget seeing the baby move today."
Yup, stick a fork in me: I am officially a pregnant sap after that moment.
Hopefully, I will not get too annoying, please don't let me.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, I got all verklempt reading that, A! It really is so magical to see your baby move like that. I am so excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteawww kdub :) that's pretty sweet mama!
ReplyDeletethere is nothing like seeing that little wiggle for the first "real" time!
ps - i didn't know you told your mom?? was she beyond excited? how did you tell them??
Great post Miss TRS, I love reading about you telling the baby to "move!" and he/she did! I'm so excited for you, and so happy that you are feeling happy.
ReplyDeleteSending a hug,
tp
So happy for you. :) It is the coolest thing seeing the baby move. I had both ultrasounds on my tummy, not in my lady parts. Eechh, bet that wasn't comfy! :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the second trimester!